To complete the PCC application through BLS there are 2 main steps to follow. The first step is to submit an online PCC application through the Indian Passport Seva Government website, which is covered in this post How to fill PCC application form.
If you haven’t filled out the PCC form then you can follow the first step and then continue with this post. The second step is to send all your documents to BLS by mail. It is covered in this post.
This article explains how to apply your PCC through BLS International Services Canada Inc. Follow this only if you are an Indian citizen. First of all, open this link to go to the BLS website BLS Canada
You will see 3 sections for TORONTO, OTTAWA, and VANCOUVER. I will show you the steps for Toronto Jurisdiction. You can follow along for other jurisdictions but keep in mind that the process can be different and may not be correct.
Click on Proceed under Toronto Jurisdiction
On next page you will see a menu, click on passport services and select Police clearance certificate as shown below.
Next, you will see a page like below. It has 5 tabs. Information, Application Fees, Document Requirements, Processing Time and Forms and Annexure.
You can read the information in this section. It tells you who needs the PCC.
At the time of writing this, the total BLS PCC application fee is $41.40
To check the current fee, go to the fees section and look for the fee table. If you are applying through the mail you need to get a Money Order for exactly $41.40 from Canada Post.
How to get Money Order for BLS PCC
- Go to any Canada Post Outlet and ask for Postal Money Order for $41.40
- Pay to name should be ‘BLS INTL SERVICES CANADA INC‘
- The sender’s name will be your name.
Under this section, you will see a checklist. Download the checklist and take a printout. It will mention all the documents you need. There are 3 types in the checklist. Type A for Indian Passport Holders and this post only covers Type A
This is what the checklist looks like. You can collect the documents under Type A and then tick mark using a black pen under To be verified by applicant
At the bottom of the application fill in the details.
Name of Applicant – Your name
ARN No – This is the application number that you filled in the first step. It is written on the application form that you printed out at the top right corner.
BLS Center (name/place) – Brampton (or if you want to submit somewhere else)
Date – when you submit
Signature of Applicant
You can see the required documents in checklist. But I have also written them below.
- PPC Application form -filled and signed (how to fill PPC form).
- PCC Checklist -filled and signed.
- One 51mm x 51mm photo (2 inch x 2 inch).
- Indian Passport all pages Photocopies (Original not required).
- Work Permit or Study Permit or PR Card photocopy (pick 1).
- Canadian Proof of Address photocopy (for example – Driver’s License, Health Card, Electricity or Phone Bill, etc.).
- Indian Proof of Address photocopy (Only required if the address does not match the passport).
- Application Fee (By Check if mailing the application or by Cash/Debit if submitting in person).
- A4 Size Envelope to easily fit all the documents.
- Signatures should be with a black pen.
Prepare PCC Application Package
At this point, I assume that you have all the documents mentioned in the Requirements section above. It is time to put them in the envelope. You can buy the envelope from stores like Walmart, Staples, or Dollarama.
You already have a printout of your Checklist. See if you have all the documents mentioned on the checklist and make sure to Tick Mark all the items with a black pen on the Checklist. Also, do your signature on the checklist.
Place all the documents in the envelope including the Money Order if you are submitting the application by Mail.
Your PCC Application Package is ready for to Submit via post of in person. You can check the office address at this link
Also if you want to use BLS Pick up and Drop off service you can follow my post here How to use BLS PCC Pickup and Dropoff sevice